Thursday, January 7, 2010

Gripe the first

Huzzah, I'm now a blogger, come to the party about 15 years late. I used to have a website that I updated now and then with stuff I thought was clever, it's still out there, but I don't do anything with it anymore. Kinda like the old friends that I lost touch with for 10 years, found again, exchanged a "Hi, how ya doin', can't believe I found you" email, and then ignored again after confirming each other's existence.

Anyway, here is my manifesto (or mission statement if you prefer), which I've got in the blog description and will leave there until I get tired of it:

_________

I'm here to complain, but what's the point, right? Everyone who wants to complain has their own blog alreay. Well, sometimes I just get so irritated that I've got to say it, and my family is tired of hearing it, so even if nobody ever reads this, at least I've said it, and maybe got it out of my system. I might come up with a unique gripe now and then too.
_________

That's pretty much it. Whenever something irritates me enough that I think it's worth mentioning, I'll try to say something about it here. When posting becomes a drag, I'll quit, much like how I lost my first girlfriend, by ignoring her. In my defense, it needed to be ended, but to my discredit, I did it very badly. First time out though, what do you expect.

My role models for this are Emily Litella and the Ranting Swede. I am not deliberately out to be controversial, obscene, or even thought-provoking, I'm just here to say stuff that I feel like saying.

Welcome to the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment