Monday, March 22, 2010

2010 Census - Un-F*&$ing-Believable

One week before the census forms were mailed, the Census Bureau spent $42 million to send out letters warning us that the Census was coming. Then the Census forms came. I have not been able to fill it out, as it asks about who is living at this address as of April 1, 2010, and it is not yet April 1. Anything could happen between now and then, and I'd hate to send the U.S. government inaccurate information because I jumped the gun. Although, the idea of screwing up the government by filling out their paperwork, then dying, and having my rotting corpse affecting congressional districts for the next 10 years does appeal to me.

That's not the un-F*&$ing-Believable part thought. Today, I got a postcard reminding me that I'd gotten the census form and asking me to send it in as soon as possible. The card was dated March 22. Is the Census Bureau terminally stupid? Are they deliberately doing this to make a mockery of themselves? Who is in charge of this? Are they purposely trying to make me NOT follow the official instructions?

This is what happens when you put brain-dead government drones, who work for the government because they can't get a real job anywhere else, in charge of something, that doesn't even serve a real purpose anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment